Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Chivito's Cumpleaños

So it has been a LONG time since I've posted any updates. I have a little bit of news to share.

The Chivito's birthday really was yesterday but we decided it was best to celebrate it on Sunday, since he has been working later-than-usual evenings and quien sabe if we would have been able to celebrate it or not....so Sunday it was.

I am going to make this blog post as quick as I can b/c I really don't feel like blogging long today lol. So please bear with me if I jump around a bit with any details :)

Anyways, on Saturday my family cooked out on the grill again and the Chivito and I spent some time together. The meat and hot dogs, well they were really good but for some reason DID NOT agree with my stomach lol.

After dinner, the Chivito and I spent some more time together listening to music, etc. It was kind of a slow day...well, even though whenever him and I are together el tiempo vuela...seriously! Time really flies whenever we are together. Like they say...."Time flies when you are having fun". Guess it's true, eh?

Anyways, our plans were supposed to go to the beach but my mom's back was hurting her and I couldn't even FATHOM the idea of her sitting in a lawn chair (much less could she!) so we passed on the beach thing and just hung out again at my house.

We ate breakfast in the morning, talked about the different kinds of fruits that are grown all over and especially the ones grown in Mexico and which ones he has seen here in the U.S. and which ones he hasn't seen...yet. It was quite an interesting convo. :)

After breakfast, I told him some stories of my past. He was quite surprised at how many stories I actually have lol. I told him "Hey, I didn't really want any stories, but I've got 'em."

I asked him if he had any stories of his own. He said no, unfortunately! I was really hoping to hear some lol.

So let's see....meanwhile, while the Chivito and I are talking, my parents are out buying his birthday cake. In the morning I had already wrapped his gifts, so that was all set.

After dinner, I had to translate his birthday card. OMGsh that was interesting! But he said I did a good job with my Spanish and that nada was wrong, so that made me feel good. I would have felt bad if my Spanish was bad on his birthday card!

Anywhoooo....

After I was done translating his card, I brought him into the living room with his bag full of goodies. He was quite surprised at how many gifts he got (3! which to me is NOT many but he kept saying "You got me too much, I can't believe this") You could tell that he REALLY appreciated it all though, especially if you see the expression in his face in some of the pics....IF I can get Flickr to work and I am able to put some type of slide show on this blog, you will see. :)

My mom had gotten him a birthday card in Spanish and a Spanish-English dictionary that is exactly the same as mine. He really liked it and said "Muchísimas gracias" (many thanks) to my parents A LOT of times. He told me that now he can call me up and say "What is this word?" and we can be looking at the exact same page and word. That it will really help him. :D

I got him a birthday card, that was in English, but I translated it into Spanish. I also got him 2 nice shirts. He loves the shirts at Wal-Mart, so that's where I got them from. Thank God my mom was there with me to help me, if I didn't have her in my life, shoot I'd be one lost soul lol! (Thanks Mommy!) :)

Anyways -- He opened up the first box and lifted just 1/2 of the tissue paper I had wrapped the shirt in and right away turns to me and goes "Oh, mi amor". He really loved it. And the other box had a nice shirt in it too. He loved that one too. (When we talked after he got home, he had told me that he tried them both on and they fit great and that he was arranging his room as we spoke lol, my mom gave him A LOT of hangers that she had in her closet and really wasn't using, and he really liked that too) He is SO appreciative of everything, I love it. <3 style="font-style: italic;">smitten with this guy? :o)

Anyways, I told him that after he was done opening up his gifts that we would sing and eat cake. He goes "More?" meaning "more things happening with his birthday" and said "Yes! Of course!"

So we sang, he made his wish and blew out the candles. I stood of to the side because after all it was his birthday cake and birthday, but he pulled me right in with him lol. After pulling out the candles from his cake we ate. I told him that he should cut the first piece because he is the birthday guy and it's tradition. He really liked that and he also found it amusing that HE had to eat the first bite of his cake before we ate ours. I think he really felt special. And he is.....

Which leads me to this sad part on his actual birthday: Unfortunately, he got out of work late, so we didn't see each other. AND my poor Chivito called me up crying last night and was SO sad because he was sitting alone in his room, drinking, and celebrating ALONE in his room. His uncle was sleeping, his primo was out with his new girlfriend, and the other guy, well he was in his own room with his girlfriend.

The Chivito must of called me three times during the night telling me how he tried calling his parents in Mexico but nobody answered and then crying each time he told me he was "solito and celebrating his birthday alone". Of course he continuously said "Thank you so much for all you did" and I told him repeatedly that he is very special to me. He goes "Yes, but I'm not special to others. No one remembered my birthday". I felt SO bad. I starting crying a bit too. I felt SO bad and if I had my license I would have drove out there to be with him last night. But it is probably a good thing that I didn't have my license, my parents wouldn't have been happy to see their car gone LOL! Just kidding, I would have at least asked first!

So a couple more calls during the early morning from the Chivito and he told me "Can I tell you something? And you won't get mad?" I said "Sure, you can tell me anything, you know that." He told me "I am celebrating my birthday alone and I've drank 5 beers. Are you mad?"

Me: "No Chivito! I'm not mad. It's your birthday. You have the right to drink. I'm just worried about you because you haven't slept at all and you have to work tomorrow. I am also worried that you will drink more because you are sad."

Him: "Don't worry, my love. You know me, I don't drink. I am only drinking because it's my birthday. I am not going to drink anymore tonight."

And he didn't and thankfully he got SOME sleep. I talked to him some more today and he sounded better. I think the thing with him drinking 5 beers made him more sadder. I know when I drink even ONE and I'm depressed before that, heck it makes me more depressed after I drink.

But he told me he is happy now and especially with me, so all is good. :)



On a different topic, I sent out my college application. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed! More on that as things progress.



On another different topic, I sent out the waiver packet to the Catracho. It was quite thick, as you can see below. Damn, I spent a LOT of time on it. Took me like 4-5 months to get the thing to Honduras. I'll admit it though: I didn't work on it the whole time. It is VERY stressful! Anyways, the Catracho called me yesterday and said he filed it. Thank God THAT is done and over with! Argh, how frustrating was that. Thanks again to my Mommy for all her help. :)





Nothing much more going on that's new. You know me, I'll keep ya posted.

UPDATE: The Chivito's birthday pics are posted as a Flickr badge below on this site in case you wanted to see 'em. They are also on my MySpace too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts... :)

Sounds like Celestino had a very nice birthday party thanks to you guys!

chicadedios25 said...

Yeah! No more "dias de infiel" you are now a free woman ;-)

I am so happy for you so that now you can move on with your life ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh megan,
thanks to you, he had a wonderful birthday.. I hope you too can get an apartment together soon, it sounds like he really needs you in his life, then you can be there for him at all times... he look's SO happy in the picture's, and it looks like he truly does love you. I am so happy for you. I only wish that his family would of called him. when you get time some day, you'll have to exsplain to me what the waiver means, boy, that looked like a whole lot of paper work. talk to ya soon, keep us up dated..
love ya,deb