Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Have MUCH To Share!

Okay, so I told you I had much to share, it is not A LOT and probably not ALL that interesting, but hey, I'm updating you on the happenings in my life and I guess this post was to let you know that I'm still here! *waves* :)


Here is what happened on Saturday:


The Chivito and I were supposed to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at this fiesta and festival-type thing, but we ended up not going, but it was fine because we both said next year we will.


We went to pick the Chivito up and I told him we are going to go to my house first, then the fiesta.


So we get to my house and I say "Come on, let's sit out on the back porch." Immediately, I told him "Let's have a little chat." I might have came across a bit stern and kinda mean, but I had to do what had to be done to get this guy to crack on his age.


I immediately said "I know you are not 25, Chivito. And I will tell you why."


Me: "In the beginning, a few days after we first met, I asked you for your year of birth. First you told me 1980. Then a few seconds later you said 'No, it's 1985.' Then you said '1983'. Well, 1980 would have made you 28 going on 29; 1985 would have made you my age going on 24; and 1983, well that would make you 25 this year."


He immediately started to have tears in his eyes, and dug for something in his pocket.


Here were my thoughts: "OMGSH! Finally, we are going to get somewhere and he will prove to me how old he is. Gosh, I hope he is older. If not, I'll feel like an a$$."


To my surprise, he took out his cell phone.


Here were my thoughts at that time: "Okay...maybe he has info on his phone?"


I asked him what he was doing. He told me "You don't believe me, you don't trust me. I'm leaving."


I told him "How?"


He told me that he was going to call one of his amigo's to come get him.


Wow.


I told him to sit down and don't leave. I continued on but all he kept saying was "I can't believe you think I'm older" and "You don't believe me".


Thankfully, he didn't end up leaving and we patched things up. I told him "Why is it such a problem to see your I.D.? I've already asked you for it once and you haven't brought it?"


He told me "I have no problem showing you my I.D. My friend has not brought it back to me yet and I'm waiting for him to bring it back to me. When I have it, I have NO problem showing it to you."


So that was that. I told my mom about what happened and she told my stepfather. He has a pretty good judgement of character with others and said 'Wow, he was going to call his friend and have him come all the way out here to pick him up and leave? He's not lying'


Do I know for SURE if the Chivito is 25? No. Will I still keep my eyes and ears open and be careful? Yes. Will I ask the Chivito for his I.D. again? No. I already asked him three times, I will wait for him to show it to me.


I believe him. Sometimes I look at him and I say "He's got to be in his 30s" then other days I look at him and he really does look 25 going on 26!


Another thing that could have aged him, could be the sun. I've asked what jobs he has worked and he told me. They have all been outside jobs, so maybe the sun has aged him and has made him look older.


For now, I'm trusting him. If I end up getting hurt, fine. I'll move on. There are other fish out in the sea. Like my mom has said "Megan, you'll never be alone."


I have to go into this relationship with a good attitude and trust and lots of communication.


There are two scenarios in my head:


#1: I trust the Chivito and we move forward and keep seeing each other and getting to know each other. He turns out to be the age he says he is and he also turns out to be a great hombre with a wonderful heart and we live "Happily ever after" lol...if there IS such a thing, I have not seen it yet. :o)


OR


#2: I trust the Chivito and we move forward and keep seeing each other and getting to know each other. He turns out to have lied about his age [and ends up having someone back in Mexico, maybe even kids. And he ends up going back to Mexico and that's that.]


[...........] = Fill in the blank with your terrible story.


I hope it's #1, but don't we all when we meet someone new? Of course we do!




Okay, onto more stuff:


So Saturday night ends well and then we all go to the beach on Sunday, which would have been yesterday.


EVERYONE was there I swear! We could NOT find a parking place, so we ended up parking up by the lighthouse.


My mom took some pics, so did my stepfather. It was the MOST fun I've had EVER with a guy at the beach. I remember the Catracho I am married to, well he would go to the beach and bring my other iPod and listen to that, complain about the sun and how it is too hot, swim and hang out with Joe, my stepfather, listen to some more iPod and complain, complain, complain.


Do I miss that? NO WAY.


Now the Chivito and I had a lot of fun. We didn't go swimming but wished we had brought our suits, "otro dia" we said.


My parents bought Subway sandwiches for us and we had a cooler filled with cold drinks.


The Chivito and I sat on the blanket for a bit then we decided to check out the big rocks that were near the coast where the people fish. That was a lot of fun!


We examined the rocks and couldn't believe at how many shells there were stuck to it and the Chivito was looking under the rocks to see if there were animales. He had never been to that part of the beach and he told me had a great time. I am SO glad he did! (I did too!) :o)


Anyways, we found an area where we could cross the rocks onto the other side. I walked through el mar but he didn't have sandals and just watched me and the waves splashed the heck out of my capris!


He said that el mar was enojada with him.


Each time we kissed or hugged each other the tide would roll in furiously and try to get his feet wet.


I joked and said that el mar was not mad, but jealous, because he's mi mexicano. Then we both laughed.


Lots of fun! Mucho divertido!




We finally decide it was time to walk back and get going. I ended up getting a bad sunburn near my neck and the Chivito? Well, tiene suerte of course because he's got such dark skin. Lucky him!


After falling asleep on my bedroom floor because the sun just knocked us right out lol, we ate dinner, listened to music and chatted some more and then the night came to an end. :o(


We dropped him off and my mom goes "I like him even more. He is sweet, caring and appreciative."


So as long as my parents like him, well that's all good, because that means he probably IS a good guy. Joe even said he likes him better than the Catracho! That is something BIG.


We shall see what happens between me and him.


So that's all that has happened, I know it's not much, but the Chivito and I saw each other el sabado AND el domingo. That's quite the step up lol! We usually only see each other once a week! Twice a week was great! :D

2 comments:

LaGringaMasBella said...

Well I just read your post to the Mexican and asked him what he thought about the situation.

(Oh God)

He thinks Celestino is playing you and you need to watch this guy.

I still think you should talk to some of his family on the phone to be sure he's not hitched.

I do think you have your eyes wide open and if he is lying, which he might not be (he could be telling the truth), you'll be prepared.

I'm watching this story so keep the updates coming. lol

-Lisa :)

chicadedios25 said...

Girl it is still uncanny how much alike Daniel and Carlos are. The whole Ipod story sounds just like Carlos. Are catrachos fascinated by ipods? That is our cycle in anything we do him listening to his MP3 instead of doing anything fun or productive...then complaining...then doing this "improvisando" rap thing....he does it all the time. I can't even get him to eat without him doing this rap stuff.

George Lopez in his new comedy special says Latinos are DRIVEN by negative emotion. How true,how true.

So on the Celestino stuff: I am sorry I still feel fishy about him not being honest about his age. That is because I have seen to many Mexicans lie about their ages. I don't even know why they lie. I mean the 17 year old that wanted to date me..it wasn't right but it was understandable....some of them have no reason and still lie about their age. Maybe it is like the 40 year olds here that wear clothes and try to look like they are still in their 20's...maybe it is just denial. Why was his ID with his friend anyways? Carlos keeps his in his wallet....where most people keep their ID's no?

I got alot going on over here on my side of the world...I'll write about it later.

Carlos' mom told me "amor no tiene edad" bc I am a little bit older than C is. Maybe you should say that to Celestino LUEGO and see if that gets a confession out of him.