Friday, January 2, 2009

The Agreement and The Result of Being Told

Well, you are probably wondering what exactly is the agreement and what exactly is the result of being told, I'm sure right?

To start out: Cele and I talked on 30th and immediately I knew something was up. He told me that he was downtown in the city and watching the ships go by with his uncle Adolfo, and he was also thinking.

Hmm. Ok: So Cele is watching the ships go by and thinking? Not like him at all. The silence is then broken and he goes "You're right, Megan. Everything that you have said. You are right."

I was stunned and shocked. Here was a MAN who was telling a WOMAN that EVERYTHING she said was RIGHT. To make sure I was not hearing what I wanted to hear lol, I basically made him repeat it: "I am right about what?"

He told me everything that I have been telling him. About how his sister should know about me and him and how long we've been together, how I'm PG, etc.

He also apologized to me and asked me to forgive him because he has kept a secret of what we have.

The agreement: So that's what it was. Cele agreed with me and planned on telling his sister at her house on Sunday, January 4th, 2009. But of course, it seems like life planned something different.

The evening of the 30th, Cele's sister dropped by to talk with Cele. You see, Cele was supposed to call me at 9-9:30pm that night, but did not call me until a bit later. NEVER like him. He's always early or on the dot. Therefore, I knew something was up.

I really thought he was drinking again or something like that, but it wasn't. Not at all. I could hear in his voice that something had happened and of course, you know how I am, I was curious!

I told him "What's up? You are very quiet. Something happened, is everything ok?"

He laughs while telling me that "nothing is wrong" blah blah blah

If there's one thing I know: When Cele is lying or fibbing or trying to pull one over on me, he laughs. Any kind of chuckle or laugh. Even a nervous laugh. (You THINK he'd realize this and try to cover it up LOL!)

So after trying to convince him that I know otherwise, he goes "Ok, I tell you?"

I said "Ok."

Then he goes: "But I'm ONLY going to tell you if you stop asking me to do things like this."

I said "Ok, ok." (you KNOW I didn't fully promise that, right?) :)

So he tells me what happened: "She showed up. My sister. And we started out talking nicely...."

When he told me that I just KNEW it did not end well. And I was right.

He continues: "We started talking nicely and then I broke down and told her about you and she knows that you are my girlfriend and that we've been going out for almost a year."

Wow! It was music to my ears.

"So she knows everything?" I asked him. "She knows that I am pregnant too?"

The music to my ears fades when he tells me "not yet." I was a bit mad but I couldn't be. He was crying and crying hard because I mean he and his sister had just fought and she left very angry with him.

She asked if Lucia knew about me and him and he told her the truth: NO. She was REALLY mad by that and told him "Cele, you know what you are doing. You are not a kid anymore. You know exactly what you're doing. It's your life."

He then goes on to tell me that she left angry and that he is worried that his parents could find out and if THEY do, then Lucia will.

I did not say anything just gave him sympathy for him and his sister fighting and also told him "thank you."

So that's all that has happened. We got into a pretty good-sized fight on New Year's Eve and we both said "Good luck and Good Bye." I even told him that I did not want to have this baby.

16 minutes later he called me back and said "I'm going to the city and you do your thing and I'll do mine."

Another "Good Luck and Good Bye" was said and that was that.

That was around a little after 7pm. Then around 10pm he called back and was literally in tears! He told me "Forgive me Megan for all that I told you. I'm sorry. Forgive me, but you too said some things that I will never forget."

I asked him for forgiveness as well and told him that I am scared that he is not going to be in this baby's life.

He told me "How can you say that? And how could you say that you do not want to have this baby when I already love it so much?"

Wow. I was shocked when he said that, I tell ya.

So we made up. He fell asleep while the New Year rang in, but that's ok. I got to hear him snoring hahaha to start the New Year. I really wanted to be WITH him while starting the New Year, but beggers can't be choosers, or so-to-speak LOL.

Everything is ok now...we are still a bit quiet with one another after that big fight. It was terrible. I've never cried SO MUCH in my life I do not think.

We shall see what happens. I go for another OBGYN appt on the 6th. I think we get to hear the baby's heartbeat and also get to see it on the ultrasound! Maybe I will have a picture for you if all goes well! :)

I'm still all nervous about this thing though and wonder: Can I really do it? Can I be a mother?

2 comments:

debbie said...

being a mom for the first time megan is scarey for everyone, so your feelings are only normal.your going to be a great mom, the first couple of months are the hardest,because I think they cry more for some reason, but after that it's alot easier.. if you didn't worry, then something would be wrong..lol..you'll have alot of support w/your mom, so that helps a whole lot.
love ya.

chicadedios25 said...

You can be a mother. It will be easier with Cele's help...but no matter what you can do anything you set your mind to.