Sunday, February 1, 2009

So Now I Am Selfish?

Okay, so I admit that sometimes I can be selfish, but sabes que? I think ALL people whether male or female can be selfish at least ONE point in their lives. I have two people, I will not mention any names of course, but they are saying that I am selfish!

HA!

That is too damn funny. I have a very good heart and try to make people happy and smile as much as I can.

Here are the reasons that were just told to me why I am selfish. Are you ready for this STUPIDITY and DRAMA?

1. I am selfish because I am sitting here on the couch with a new laptop that I bought with my own money and I've got the baby on the way.

My thoughts on this: This does NOT show that I am selfish! I bought this laptop for one, with my own money, the money that the college sent to me. Number two, I feel all non-productive when studying in my room with my desktop and I must say that I have completed close to 5 assignments today when using my new laptop. Four more assignments are done than what I usually would have completed if I were using my desktop computer in my room. And number three, yes I KNOW and I am FULLY AWARE that I have a baby on the way! The reason for my *splurge* is because after baby comes, I will be focusing my 100% and beyond that attention on that baby and doing SO much for him or her and giving him or her things. So overall, this was not a selfish purchase. This was a final splurge for me on something that I have always wanted.

2. Because I would like my stepfather to burn a DVD for me from online, The Uninvited. But you see, my mother does NOT want to see it because it is a scary movie. So I simply said "Well it would be nice if you [meaning my stepfather] would make it for me since you are making all the movies my mom wants and I only really am requesting one, and I have no problem watching it in my room since you both do not want to see it."

My thoughts on this: How the HELL does this seem selfish? It doesn't and that word is irrelevant!

3. Okay, so this next one is because I owe a good friend [well ex-amigo since we never talk anymore] but anyways I owe him $300. So the fact that I am sitting here with my laptop and have not paid him back his money, I am considered selfish.

My thoughts on this: He will get his money, he will. I had plans to pay him off with this money I received from my college, but I decided not to, and yes I will admit it, it MAY seem a teensy bit selfish of me, but again I had my reasons. I wanted to get this laptop for my studies and well, so far so good, as I have completed MORE things than if I were in my room studying.


My Verdict: I AM NOT SELFISH.

So do ANY of these reasons seem selfish? Maybe I am thinking in black and white but you know what? I am NOT selfish and I'm tired of people thinking that I am and saying mean shyt when I AM NOT the one that sits in the chair and plays a stupid video game on my PSP and ignores anyone and anything that is near me or walks by me or talks to me. I am not like that. I am MORE involved with this family than THAT person, again no name will be mentioned.

3 comments:

Lizzi said...

This is Liz (El Sueno) I'm posting from my other blog. :) Sorry for any confusion.

I don't think you're being selfish at all. WTF?! These people telling you that you are selfish need to LAY OFF and let you be happy and pregnant. Don't worry about their opinions, because, you know. Opinions are like butt holes, we all have 'em! =D

You worry about you and the baby! Take care!

catracho said...

Maybe, just maybe, a little maybe, your mom might not be talking about the laptop.

catracho said...

Megan, you are right in one thing. You are not alone in this. Your mom's love will come through and accept the child just as well as your other half. Stupid is as stupid does and no child is stupid, in my simple forrest-gumpy opinion