Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Wrong Number Turned Into Something A Bit More


So as I was just hanging up with Cele this evening around 10pm, someone called our house phone.

My step father answered and no one on the other line said anything, so he hung up. They called back again and the same thing.

Well, I decided to call back this number and it rang about 10 times when someone finally answered it.

Me: "Umm, you called my phone?"
Guy: "Me speak Spanish. No English."

He was about to hang up when I said "Como?" to make sure he knew I spoke his language.

He tells me in Spanish that his friend had called the wrong number.

I say "Okay" and then he goes "But I can call you again if you'd like?" Oh my God, these Latin boys are charmers aren't they? :)

He goes (in Spanish of course) "Oh, you speak Spanish?"

Me: Yes.

We started talking and let me tell you this has NEVER happened to me before. He told me that his amigo was just messing around with his phone and was punching in all kinds of numbers. One of them was mine.

Lucky me! LOL :)

Anyways, the conversation progresses and we talk for about 15 minutes. Towards the end of the convo, his friend goes "Man, I can't believe I just dialed a wrong number and you are talking to her like you know her."

LOL It was too funny. Really made my night.

From what I know about him, his name is Juan. He is from Guatemala. I told him I had a boyfriend and he goes "Leave your Mexican boyfriend and be with me" and then we both laughed. It was crazy! lol

He is 30. Lives in Miami, Florida. I told him that I live in Georgia and he told me that he had never heard of it. I told him it's about 8 hours from Miami and he acts all disappointed and says "I'm too far to come see you then."

LOL!

He asks if he can send me his picture and if I have a webcam. So I'm sure he's got the computer thing down a bit.

He asked me if I was going to continue with my boyfriend and I told him "Yes, but if I don't have a boyfriend (if we don't work out) then I'll give you a call."


That's how it ended. He said "Okay! and he acted all excited lol. Too funny.



Well that really made my noche. That was the first time that had EVER happened! Quite fun! :)

2 comments:

Ojos Verdes said...

They ARE just unbelievable aren't they??? There is just something so different and well, yes, charming about them that American men just do not have. Among all the Latinos I have know in mi vida (y han sido MUCHOS) I have NEVER had a bad or scary experience. Some of them have not turned out perfectly, but I have always trusted them to be gente buena-and I think that for the most part, they are- great story- hang on to the number just in case-lol

Susan Lechuga said...

Yes they are sure charmers. I fell upon your blog and I am intrigued. I will definately check yours out more often now. Nice meeting you.