Friday, June 13, 2008

12-Hour Power Outage

Last night around 12:30AM the electricity went out. I was online searching for a job (yup, still looking lol!) when all of a sudden the lights flickered and everything went out. It became very silent and it was creepy!

We had no bad weather coming, so what on earth could it have been?

I ran down the hall to my parents room and looked out their window. Yup, totally dark. No lights anywhere. Not even from la luna.

My parents asked me what was going on and I told them that the electricity went out, that we had no power. My mom was a bit ticked off for me waking her up and she said "Megan, we wouldn't have known about this if you had been sleeping!" So I said "Well, your alarm wouldn't have gone off and you both would have been late for work if I hadn't been up." Silence.

They knew I was right. There was no use in arguing anymore LOL.


So what caused this power outage? There have been two rumors so far:

#1. A woodpecker. (late at night???)

#2. A guy crashed into a transformer, was ejected from his vehicle and hit the power lines (or whatever they are called) and he was then electrocuted and died.

I did hear a horn that beeped longer than your average beep right before the power flickered and went out. Hmm. Well, I don't know about you but I prefer the woodpecker rumor! :/


Thankfully power was restored around 12:30pm today. It didn't just happen to our island, Wilmington, though; happened to the island next to us, Whitemarsh, as well.

So weird. I am interested in knowing how this happened.

It really makes you appreciate power when you've got it though. All of us really take it for granted sometimes don't we?


May I also note that today is Friday the 13th? Hmm.

No comments: