Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ICE: A Little Too Close To Home This Time

So the Chivito called me up this evening and guess what happened? OMG his primos (cousins) are in deportation proceedings right now.

What happened is that they (they are both brothers) went down to Jacksonville, Florida to do an 8-day job on Saturday and were arrested yesterday. How sad. I told him how sorry I was. He told me that it wasn't my fault and that there was nothing he could do about it anyways...that's how the U.S. is.

It's disgusting! I mean no, I don't know WHAT his primos were doing, maybe a "bad" job I don't know. But I doubt it.

I know ICE is just doing their job....they better not take anything of mine again! I am SO ashamed and disappointed in this country. It disgusts me.

I was reading on some woman's blog, don't remember where, but she lives in Costa Rica and sometimes in Utah and she said:

"If I overstay here in Costa Rica, all I do is receive a fine. I am not put in a detention center with my family until a big empty plane is ready to take me back to the U.S."

How true is that?! I swear to myself I refuse to retire, much less die on U.S. soil.


*Thanks to Flipped Out for the picture.

2 comments:

Somebody said...

OMG! How sad. They probably were just working their tales off, as usual, and then ICE has to make quota this month.

Summer really heats things up huh!

~Lisa

dedmond979 said...

I LIKE YOUR BLOG AND READ LAGRINGAMASBELLA AND LAGRINGA, SO I ADDED YOU TOO!!!...DEBBIE